Treacherous Light of the Depths is a quest for Genshin Impact. Guide contains how to start, walkthrough, answers, puzzle, solution, achievement, how to unlock, Punched Tapes location, Mysterious Ore & rewards.All World Quest List
Treacherous Light of the Depths - How To Unlock & Location
How To Unlock Treacherous Light of the Depths?
Unlock Upon Entering A Ruin Located Deep Underwater
Treacherous Light of the Depths Quest will be automatically unlocked once you enter a ruin beneath the underwater area. The underground passage can be found on the east side of the Statue of Seven in the Mary-Ann Memorial Park.
Start Location Of Treacherous Light of the Depths
The quest will start at the room/ruin in the deepest part of the underwater at the eastern side Statue of Seven in the Mary-Ann Memorial Park.
Treacherous Light of the Depths - Walkthrough & Tips
Treacherous Light of the Depths Walkthrough Chart
- Go to the eastern side of the Mary-Ann Memorial Park.
- Dive down to the ruins.
- Go deeper, and look for a hole with a rock blocking it.
└ You can easily spot it once you see the Xenochromatic Jellyfish since it is just right in front of it.
- Use the Xenochromatic Jellyfish to destroy the rock.
- DIve deeper until you reach a non-water area.
- Once you go down, run/walk and just follow the path. It will directly lead you to an entrance.
- Activate the machinery to unlock the ruins' gate.
- Enter the ruin.
- Collect and activate the 3 devices.
└ How to collect the components?
└ How to activate the device?
- After activating and calibrating the 3 devices, go to the middle device and run it.
- After running the device in the middle, the locked gate below will be unlocked. Defeat the enemies at the entrance then proceed inside.
- Upon entering, jump/glide down to the hole.
- Once you have reached the bottom, defeat the meka enemy to unseal the mechanism.
- Activate the mechanism to unlock the door.
- Go break the rock behind the 2 meka enemies
- Activate/run the Energy Transfer Terminal then defeat the meka enemies.
- After the battle, talk to Sevigne.
- Collect the 3 Punched Tapes
└ 3 Punched Tapes Locations
- Go back and talk to Sevigne.
- Dive into the water that is located in front of the huge painting's location
- Use the current to exit the area.
└ At the end of the current, you can pick up a material called Mysterious Ore
- Go to the New Fontaine Research Institute.
- Talk to Chisseray
16. Break The Rock Behind The Meka Enemies
Break the rock on the room behind the 2 meka enemies in order for you to get the charged terminal. Pick up the terminal and then place it beside the Energy Transfer Terminal that is (closely) behind the meka enemies.
18. Punched Tape Locations
There are a total of 3 Punched Tapes that can be found inside the area. You can check the images on the table below to see their exact locations.
|Punched Tape Location 1|
Above the suitcase, beside the painting.
|Punched Tape Location 2|
Pick up the one that is located inside the drawer.
|Punched Tape Location 3|
Go to the room (behind Sevigne) and then pick up the 3rd punched tape located on the floor.
How To Get The Experimental Crystal Light Path Component?
Experimental Crystal Light Path Component Location 1
Go to the locked ruins on the left side, coming from the main entrance.
Defeat the meka enemies
The Experimental Crystal Light Path Component is located inside the locked ruin. Use the Energy Transfer Terminal to unlock the gate
Switch your POV to get the energy on the other terminal
Upon getting the energy, transfer it to the uncharged terminal beside the gate to unlock it.
Enter the ruin. Go to the left side, defeat the meka and then pick up the component.
Experimental Crystal Light Path Component Location 2
For Device 3, the Experimental Crystal Light Path Component can easily be seen above the wall. Just climb above then pick it up.
How To Activate The Experimental Focusing Mirror?
|3 Devices Locations|
Start Activating Device 2
You can start activating and calibrating Device 2 since it already has the Experimental Crystal Light Path Component. Device 2 is located on the right side, facing the ruins (at the entrance), you can check the image above to see its location. As for Devices 1 and 3, simply put the component in the device then activate & calibrate it.
Calibrate The Images Cast By The Device
Once the device is activated, it will start to cast some hologram images. Wait for the image to have a clear image then click Calibrate. This will also be used the same in Device 1 and Device 3.
Treacherous Light of the Depths - Rewards
- Adventure EXP x300
- Primogems x40
- Hero's Wit x2
- Mystic Enhancement Ore x3
- Mora x30,000
Unlocks An Achievement
Upon completing this Treacherous Light of the Depths Quest, you will be able to unlock an achievement called What Lies at the End of the Rainbow...?.
Obtain A Mysterious Ore
In the last part where you are about to take the current to exit, you will be able to get a Mysterious Ore at the end of your current ride.