Read this Borderlands 3 guide to learn more about the latest news and info regarding the September 27 patch notes and hot fixes. Find out different balance changes and updates to the game!Check Out the Latest News & Updates!
Weapon Balance Changes
The developers have decided to balance different weapon types and manufacturers since some weapons were being used more than others. This was done to level the playing field and encourage Vault Hunters to try out more weapons!
Legendary Weapon Changes
- King's and Queen's Call Fire Rate reduced by 50%
- Firestorm and Storm base Charge Times were reduced to 1 second
Weapons listed above have been given the following changes as the developer deemed that they were getting too much or too little attention.Check Out Legendary Weapons Here!
Sniper Rifle Changes
- Critical Damage increased by 20%
- Fire Rate increased by 15%
- Time to Aim Down Sights (ADS) reduced by 15%
- Time to Equip reduced by 20%
Changes to Sniper Rifles were made in order to make them a more usable weapon in certain combat scenarios! After the changes, they were made to be less cumbersome and are now easier to use!
- Increased damage an all Tediore Pistols by 15%
- Increased damage on all Dahl Pistols by 15%
- Increased damage on all COV Pistols by 20%
- Reduced damaged on Jakobs Pistols by 15%
- Reduced damage on Torgue Pistols by 10%
According to the developers, Jakobs and Torgue have been the go-to brand when using pistols. In response to this, they have increased damage on other manufacturers and reduced the damage done by both Jakobs and Torgue pistols.
Maliwan Manufacturer Changes
- All Maliwan Weapons Damage increased by 25%
- All Maliwan Weapons Fire Rate increased by 20%
Maliwan weapons deal reduced damage since they deal elemental damage over time. Damage and Fire Rate have been increased to fix this. This change was done to make Maliwan a viable option for elemental builds!
Atlas Manufacturer Changes
- All Atlas Weapon Damage increased by 25%
Atlas weapons now have increased DPS. The gameplay loop of tracker darts and smart-bullets sometimes did not translate to more DPS due to the time needed to set up the combo which is why developers felt the need for a change.
Miscellaneous Weapon Changes
- Jakobs Assault Rifle Damage increased by 20%
- Dahl SMG Damage increased by 10%
- Vladof Heavy Weapon Damage increased by 25%
- E-Tech Tediore Shotgun Damage increased by 50%
These weapon changes were done in order to even the playing field for all weapon types. Now, weapons listed above should be more viable options for Vault Hunters!
Vault Hunter Balance Changes
- Digi-Clone Damage increased by 38%
- Drone Damage increased by 50%
- Drone Cryo Bullets damage penalty removed
- Drone Rocket damage increased by 50%
- Almighty Ordnance Rockets damage increased by 75%
Zane's skills received various upgrades to keep him deadly at higher levels. Now, his clone's damage will still be substantial at higher levels, while his Drone's increased versatility will reward players who use it effectively.
Zane Related Articles
- Guardian Angel health restoration reduced from 100% to 50%
- Glamour damage penalty reduced from 30% to 10%
Amara's abilities have been adjusted as some of her skills felt too overpowered. Now, she will gain second wind with less health from the Guardian Angel skill and Glamour damage penalty will be reduced for enemies.
Amara Related Articles
- Guerillas in the Mist duration reduced from 8 to 5 seconds
- Guerillas in the Mist Critical Damage reduced from 50% to 25%
FL4K's Guerillas in the Mist Action Skill Augment had bonuses that outweighed its penalties. Bonuses have been reduced to balance the performance of the Vault Hunter, and keep the game challenging!
FL4K Related Articles
Boss Changes & Fixes
- Attacks of Graveward now scale based on level
- Reduced overall health by 20%
- Increased resistances to Elemental Damage
- Elemental Chance Resistance increased by 70%
- Elemental Resistances increased by 30%
- Elemental DoT Duration taken reduced by 30%
The Graveward has been a target for Legendary Loot Farming from players. These changes make the enemy a more challenging fight, thanks to its increased elemental resistances and damage that scales by level!Check Out How To Beat Graveward Here!
- Hollow Point Guardian Rank has been temporarily disabled. Planned to be addressed in future patch
- Vault Hunters no longer scream when affected by DoT while shields are active
- Vending Machines will now be restocked with higher quality "Items of the Day"
- Adjusted a visual concern on Maliwan Shotguns with Cryo Element
- Legendary loot drops have been balanced