Find out everything to know about the 10.20 Patch Notes of patch update and content update here! This includes v10.20 details of new weapons, items, changes, and mor!!
10.20.2 Patch Notes
|Release||September 5, 2019|
The patch is is about 200MB and this is to fix cosmetic issues.
|Automatic Sniper Rifle||- Increased damage from 31/33/35 to 40/42/44|
Lowered the spawn rate of the B.R.U.T.E in Storm phases 3-6 in core modes. Arena spawn rates will remain unchanged.
Reduced Obelisk spawn rate in Retail Row.
Pepper Change (Foraged Item)
Increased the duration of spiciness from Peppers to a 60-second duration from a 20-second duration.
10.20 Content Update
|Release||Sep 3, 2019 8AM UTC|
An electric new weapons comes to Fortnite with the v10.20 Content Update! It's a small update with no downtime so as soon as you install the update, you'll be able to log into the game.
Time Conversion Table
|PT||Sep 3, 2019, 5AM|
|ET||Sep 3, 2019, 8AM|
|CEST||Sep 3, 2019, 2PM|
|AET||Sep 3, 2019, 10PM|
New Weapon: Zapper Trap
The first ever throwable trap item, the Zapper attaches to both sides of a building piece and electrifies any enemy in its vicinity. It deals 50 damage to enemies caught within a tile from it.Check Out the Zapper Trap Item Here
New Location: Floating Island
The Floating Island powered by none other than the Cube is back, wrecking havoc in the once peaceful farm in Fatal Fields. It's a non-static location, meaning it will continuously move across the map!Check Out the Season 10 Map Changes Here
Floating Island First Apperance
This is in-game screenshot and it is located near Fatal Fields!
Floating Island is conformable in the mini map! The island will move around according to Epic!
- Removed the overheat sound from the Minigun.
- Made changes to Turbo Building. The details of these changes can be found in our blog post.
- Resolved an issue in which the names of POIs would not appear on the map.
- Resolved an issue with the B.R.U.T.E.'s air stomp.
10.20.1 Patch Notes
|Release||August 29, 2019|
The patch is mainly about fixing stability issues and has about 200 MB data size and requires time to update. Be sure to launch the launcher before new missions open on Aug 29!
- Unmanned vehicles will again trigger damage traps.
- A large shadow no longer appears while in fly mode.
- Certain settings on devices were not being respected in featured portals. This included Trigger visibility, Barrier color choice, and other devices that included setting options for gameplay only.
- The Music sequencer will play for both the client and server.
- Vehicles will spawn on game start instead of in the warm-up portion.
Information Source Is Epic Reddit Posting
While not finding official announcement at Fortnite Portal, we found Epic's reddit posting. Click this link to check the reddit posting from Epic.
Two Missions Are Now Available!
You will notice two of new missions are now available! Check out out challenge guide to complete the challenges!
New Missions Of Aug 29
10.20 Patch Notes - Overview
Mayhem Has Come to the Island
|Release||Week of August 27, 2019 8AM UTC|
v10.20 is an exciting update as it not only brings with it a new throwable item, it also includes the Fortnite x Borderlands Collaboration! There's also other miscellaneous fixes and changes in store.
Time Conversion Table
|PT||August 27, 2019, 1AM|
|ET||August 27, 2019, 4AM|
|CEST||August 27, 2019, 10AM|
|AET||August 27, 2019, 6PM|
Fortnite x Borderlands Collaboration
The island is about to get a bit more chaotic with the new Fortnite x Borderlands Collaboration! From cosmetic items to its very own section on the main island, the collaboration is the first major one for Season 10.Check Out the Borderlands Collaboration Here
New Welcome to Pandora Challenges
Earn exclusive Borderlands-themed items when you complete Welcome to Pandora Challenges. This includes the Mayhem Wrap, Vault Hunter Banner, Psycho Spray, and Crunk Bunny Spray!Check Out the Welcome to Pandora Challenges Here
Get Your Hands on Borderlands Cosmetic Items
Become the Psycho Bandit you've always wanted to be with the Psycho Skin! You can also get the ClapTrap Back Bling if you needed to have a constant reminder of Pandora on your back.
Explore the New Pandora Rift Zone
Pandora has come to the island itself with a rift zone greatly resembling the chaotic planet. Here you'll find special loot boxes and if you stay in it for a while, you'll even regenerate shield!Check Out the Season 10 Map Changes Here
New Item: Shield Bubble
Protect yourself from gunfire from all sides with the Shield Bubble! This nifty little item will create a bubble that will block projectiles and explosions, keeping all those inside safe.Check Out Shield Bubble Here!
Blocks Projectiles from Inside & Outside of Bubble
The Shield Bubble will block all gunfire coming from inside and outside of its bubble, meaning players cannot shoot at enemies outside of it. Any player, regardless if enemy or not, are free to go inside and outside of the bubble.
Weapon & Item Changes
Balance Changes to BRUTE
The BRUTE received significant changes to its features, including to its rockets, dash, & spawn rate. These changes were implemented to both regular and competitive game modes.Check Out the BRUTE Vehicle Here
List of Changes to the BRUTE
- The B.R.U.T.E.’s map icon will remain visible to all players after players board one. The icon will follow the vehicle as it moves.
- Decreased the maximum amount of rockets fired by the B.R.U.T.E. in a single charge from 10 to 6.
- Decreased the rate at which the rockets are fired from the B.R.U.T.E. by 56%.
- The B.R.U.T.E. no longer grants materials to the driver and passenger when stomping or dashing through the environment.
- Returned the explosion radius of B.R.U.T.E. missiles back to their original range.
- Increased the dash cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Decreased the velocity gained from boosting while in air by 33%.
- Adjusted the variability of spawn rates for storm phases 1, 2, and 3 in core modes.
Vaulted Weapons & Items
The Storm Flip, Drum Gun, and Storm Scout Sniper Rifle have been vaulted. They are now gone from regular, competitive, and limited time modes unless specified.
Vaulted Weapons & Items List
Weapons & Items
- Fixed an issue in which the Junk Rift was not destroying B.R.U.T.E.s on impact.
- Weapons and items received from Vending Machines no longer differ from the weapons and items displayed upon receiving them.
- Fixed an issue in which Chug Splashes were able to be deployed quicker than intended.
- The Combat Shotgun no longer becomes more inaccurate for a short period of time after players swap to it from a weapon best used while aiming down sights (such as Sniper Rifles).
- Shockwaves now properly affect members of the Horde.
- Fixed an issue in which Small Shield Potions would not fill players’ Shield to 50 if it was at 49.
- Fixed an issue in which Stink Bombs would do less damage to players using a B.R.U.T.E.
- Gunners in a B.R.U.T.E. who aren’t accompanied by a driver will no longer have an obstructed view while in the volcano vortex.
- Hoverboards can no longer be ridden by a B.R.U.T.E.
- The damage state of a B.R.U.T.E. now appears when players with a vehicle Wrap equipped enter a B.R.U.T.E. that was previously unoccupied.
- Reloading a B.R.U.T.E.’s shotgun no longer makes it unable to fire missiles.
- Fixed an issue involving the B.R.U.T.E.’s air slam dealing more damage to Horde spawners than intended.
- The self-destruct timer of a B.R.U.T.E. can no longer be paused.
- Switching seats in or exiting a B.R.U.T.E. while it is loading missiles no longer makes it unable to emote.
- Entering a B.R.U.T.E. no longer causes players to lose the ability to use weapons or items on exit.
- Going inside the Tilted Town Rift Zone while using a B.R.U.T.E. no longer causes the screen filter and no-building effect to remain after leaving the Rift Zone.
- Getting knocked out of a B.R.U.T.E. no longer causes players to enter an unintended Down But Not Out state in which they’re able to walk/run and unable to be revived.
- Fixed an issue in which members of the Horde would not attack players in a B.R.U.T.E.
- Damaging a B.R.U.T.E. no longer counts towards the Storm Surge damage threshold.
- Players inside indestructible buildings can no longer be damaged by a Junk Rift.
- Destroying a Chest or ammo container by destroying the object it is placed on will now open it.
Art & Animation
- Fixed an issue in which Catalyst’s left arm would clip through multiple backpacks in the lobby while idle.
- The Y0ND3R Outfit and EQ Wrap now animate correctly on PlayStation 4.
- Boarding a B.R.U.T.E. inside the Tilted Town Rift Zone and then exiting the Rift Zone while in the B.R.U.T.E. no longer causes the player’s Outfit to be unable to return to the equipped Outfit.
- Adjusted the shape of the Junk Rift’s audio attenuation from a sphere to a capsule.
- The Frag Grenade’s fuse sound no longer occurs as it is thrown.
- The Battle Bus’ audio no longer plays from the wrong location on Starter Island.
- Fixed an issue in which the spawn sound effects of Junk Rift objects would not play if the thrown projectile hit a player.
- Fixed an issue involving players being unable to see Challenges upon logging in for the first time during Season X.
- The input UI for the B.R.U.T.E.’s gunner mode no longer displays the wrong inputs for players using a controller.
- Fixed an issue in which the player icon wouldn’t update properly while players have their Locker Outfit set to Random.
- A rounding error no longer occurs in the Health and Shield meters after applying Bandages or Small Shields.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Social Panel to show an incorrect set of Team Members.
- Local replays now have the same HUD as that of server/broadcast replays.
- After a player is eliminated in a replay, the camera will now follow their teammates or the player who eliminated them.
- Reordered and slightly modified the replay HUD controls.
- Fixed an issue in which some of the smaller Junk Rift objects would not be hidden in replay rewinds after hitting the ground.
- Thrown Junk Rift projectiles no longer duplicate in replays.
- Junk Rift objects hitting the ground in replays no longer causes assets to appear.
- Fixed an issue involving the Junk Rift’s audio effects not occurring in replays.
- iOS will now optimize content during players’ first run of the game after patching. This will help reduce hitching and load times when waiting for the Battle Bus to leave.
- 60FPS support has been re-enabled for iPhone 8.
- Updated the images that appear on-screen during the patching process.
- Playlist tiles, “New” tiles, and Event page tiles will now display the correct images.
- Fixed collision issues between characters and some cosmetics.
- Fixed an audio issue when using the B.R.U.T.E on Android.
- Backing out of cinematics no longer causes a black screen.
- The font alignment has been corrected in the Challenges menu.
- Fixed an issue in which ammo belts would float while players were in a B.R.U.T.E.
- Fixed an issue in which Autofire was active against some vehicles.