Fortnite Season 9 is here! Learn everything to know about the new season, including its trailer, theme, Release Date, Battle Pass, & more!
Table of Contents
Season 9 Overview & Release Information
Season 9 Brings the Future to Fortnite
|Date||May 9, 2019, 8AM UTC|
The Future is here and it looks better than ever! Fortnite's Season 9 brings with it a whole new Battle Pass, map changes, gameplay updates, new features, and more!
Time Conversion Table
|PT||May 9, 2019, 1AM|
|AET||May 9, 2019, 6PM|
|ET||May 9, 2019, 4AM|
|CEST||May 9, 2019, 10AM|
Official Season 9 Downtime Announcement
Season 9 Teasers
The Future approaches.— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) May 8, 2019
Downtime for Season 9 begins tomorrow, May 9 at 4 AM ET(0800 UTC).
Transport Into the Future in Season 9
Season 9 Theme - The Future
After the destruction brought by the Volcano, the island has gone straight into the future! With futuristic cities, robots, and mechanical cats, it's a different experience all around!
Season 9 Announcement Trailer
Season 9 Battle Pass
A new season means a whole new Battle Pass! Get ready to earn up to a hundred and more cosmetic items by leveling up your Battle Pass tiers!Check Out the Season 9 Battle Pass Rewards Here
7 New Skins to Unlock
As with every other Battle Pass, the new Skins are always the highlight and Season 9 does not disappoint. With 7 skins, 2 of which are progressive, they follow the season's theme with mechanical hands, robot chickens, and a misplaced old timer.Check Out the All Skin List Here
Vendetta - Progressive Skin
Vendetta's name matches his fearsome appearance. From a regular guy, he transforms to a cybernetic warrior hell bent on revenge.Check Out the Vendetta Skin Here
Rox - Progressive Skin
Looking like a superhero in her powered up get up, Rox is down to fight to save the future! She's unlocked as part of the Season 9 Battle Pass Tier 1.Check Out the Rox Skin Here
At first glance, Sentinel looks a bit silly as a robotic chicken, but he's as strong as they come! You get him immediately after buying the Battle Pass.Check Out the Sentinel Skin Here
A survivor of the Volcano's eruption, Bunker Jonesy is a man out of his time. His hygiene isn't that great seeing as he's been stuck for a while inside a bunker.Check Out the Bunker Jonesy Skin Here
Relying more on her natural strength, Vega makes quick work on enemies who put too much faith in their technology. She's strong by her own and she knows it.Check Out the VEGA Skin Here
A Storm Stalker, Stratus plunges headfirst into danger. No one gets in his way as he heads for the eye of the storm!Check Out The Stratus Skin Here
Even the future needs spies and Demi is at the top of her game. She's beautiful and cunning, a deadly combination.Check Out The Demi Skin Here
Get ready to pet these cute robotic critters! New Pets can be earned as part of the Battle Pass, including this robotic pink kitty!Check Out the Pets List Here
The wraps in the Season 9 Battle Pass will give your vehicles and weapons a makeover to fit the future!Check Out the All Wraps List Here
Emotes, Gliders, & More!
With more than 100 cosmetic items to earn, you'll get your fill of new Pickaxe & Glider skins, emotes, sprays, and more in the Season 9 Battle Pass.
New Shotgun & Weapon Updates
New Weapon - Combat Shotgun
Semi-automatic with a lot of power with every shot, the Combat Shotgun is a powerful weapon to yield for close-range engagements. It comes in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants.Check Out the Combat Shotgun Stats Here
Tactical Shotgun Receives Damage Buff
The Tactical Shotgun received a significant buff to its damage. Going from 66/70/74 per shot to 71/75/79.Check Out the Tactical Shotgun Stats Here
Grenades are Back from the Vault
Grenades will be coming back to Fortnite with the release of Season 9! They'll be added to the loot pool across all game modes.Check Out the Grenade Guide Here
Vaulted Weapons / Items
- Buried Treasure
- Pump Shotgun
- Poison Dart Trap
- Scoped Revolver
- Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Thermal Assault Rifle
Map Changes & New Features
In the Season 9 map, you will find 3 new locations! The futuristic cities now stand where the Volcano's destruction struck the most, a welcome change to the island!Check Out the Season 9 Map Changes Here
The razed Tilted Towers has been transformed into a city of the future complete with hologram advertisements and sleek high rises.
Mega Mall has replaced the once humble Retail Row and turned it into a shopping complex worthy of the future!
New Map Features
Travel in style by flying through the Slip Streams around the map. You can find them in some of the new cities, including Mega Mall and Neo Tilted.
Shoot up in the air and don't worry about it! When you use an air vent, it will launch you high in the air and give you fall damage immunity.
Uncover the Mystery of the Island Through Fortbytes
Explore the island and gather Fortbytes to learn more about the island, unlock challenges, and get exclusive rewards.
Found Across the Island
Fortbytes are scattered across the island for players to find. Each Fortbyte requires you to fulfill specific condition to access them. They don't appear all at once though and will be unlocked daily.
Collect Them to Get Rewards
Once you've collected Fortbytes, they will add up and unlock exclusive rewards for those who found them, and will also uncover a mysterious secret image. Check out your progress in the Fortbyte tab in the Challenges menu.
- Resolved an issue with the UI showing health gains incorrectly if the player canceled the consumable close to completion time.
- PS4 controller lighting not always matching your pin color when in Squads.
- Players not able to use Hold to Swap if they previously picked an item up normally
- Adjusted turbo building to be more forgiving under poor network conditions
- Fixed cases of jittery movement under certain conditions.
- Improved frame rate on Nintendo Switch, particularly when large numbers of characters are onscreen.
- Addressed some cases of invisible characters after skydiving.
- “Swap" text appearing in the pickup UI will no longer appear when picking up more resources than the player can carry.
- The initial storm warning timer was incorrectly showing as 0.
- Spectators and replay watchers can now report users.
- Fixed party invites not showing up in the UI if the user logged out and back in again.
- Better tactical audio when inside player-built structures:
- Enemy Pickaxe impact within ~one building tile radius has new, louder sound.
- Wallbreak by enemy close/behind player much clearer/louder.
- Explosion audio improvements- shorter, higher dynamic range sounds that will make explosion audio clearer and punchier.
- Auto fire will now trigger on vehicles.
- Added option for increasing elimination feed line count in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Dragging/Dropping from the quickbar is now allowed while jumping.
- The location of the boost button on Android for the X-Stormwing has been moved to avoid triggering the Home button.
- Squad formation is now accessible.
- The delay with interacting when using the quickbar slots has been resolved.
- Weapon icons now correctly display icons on the quickbar.
- Fixed sliders that were broken in the Dead Zone tab of the Controller Options.
- Auto fire adjustments:
- Semi-automatic weapons now fire correctly.
- Increased acquisition delay for shotguns.
- Dynamite trajectory indicator is now correctly displayed during use.
- Ziplines can no longer be ridden past their endpoints.
- Autorun no longer takes more than two taps to initiate after jumping from Battle Bus.
- Cooldown Timer visual for boost buttons on vehicles is now displayed correctly.
- The camera no longer shakes when entering the X-Stormwing.
- Left virtual thumbstick no longer becomes invisible when holding left or right and pressing the fire button.
- The Harvest Tool UI button in HUD layout is no longer invisible.
- The stair railing in Pleasant Park no longer clips through the door.
- Variant numbers partially hidden in the preview screen by the "X" button.
- The Dream cosmetic is now correctly displaying:
- Widow's Bite pickaxe visual effect issue has been resolved.
- The Cooldown ring timer showing briefly when switching seats in Cannon.
- Interact Icon is no longer missing with certain consumables.
- Input Blocked text will no longer appear when opening the inventory.
- The Item Shop arrows now display correctly on iPhone XS Max.