Learn everything new in Fortnite's v9.10 Patch Update, including release of the Fortnite x Michael Jordan Collaboration, Hot Spots, Carriers, & other miscellaneous fixes.
Related ArticlesCheck Out the Latest News & Updates
Table of Contents
v9.10 Patch Update - Overview
Score Some 3's in the v9.10 Patch Update!
|Release Date||May 22, 2019, 8AM UTC|
Score some wins in the v9.10 update with the new Fortnite x Michael Jordan collaboration! This update also included the release of Hot Spots and Carriers, a new gameplay mechanic.
Time Conversion Table
|PT||May 22, 2019, 1AM|
|AET||May 22, 2019, 6PM|
|ET||May 22, 2019, 4AM|
|CET||May 22, 2019, 10AM|
Official Patch Update Announcement
Get ready to drop in— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) May 21, 2019
Update 9.10 releases tomorrow, May 22. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET(0800UTC). There will be extended downtime for this release.
Nothing but Net in the Fortnite x Michael Jordan Collaboration
The 3rd collaboration of Season 9 brings together Basketball and Battle Royale in an unexpected combination. It features an exclusive skin bundle and a Creative LTM.
Fortnite X Jordan Related Articles
Get New Basketball-themed Cosmetics
Get the Hang Time Bundle to get the exclusive Grind Outfit and Clutch Outfit, who are both sporting Michael Jordan's iconic rubber shoes. The Bundle also comes with its own set of challenges!
Creative Mode LTM - Downtown Drop
The first Creative Mode LTM, the New York-inspired Downtown Drop will have players going through the streets and collecting coins to win!
Get the Best Loot in Hot Spots
Hot Spots are a new game feature that highlight a named location each match where Loot Carriers will spawn. Loot Carriers carry high-tier loot so shoot them down to get your hands on them.Check Out the Hot Spots Guide Here
Hot Spots are Highlighted with a Gold Text
Named locations chosen to be the Hot Spot for the game will have their name appear in gold during the match. You can check out for Hot Spots easily through your Map.
Each Hot Spot will Have Multiple Carriers
There will be between 12 to 16 carriers going around Hot Spots for players to shoot down. The amount of Carriers depends on the size of the named location.
Weapon & Item Updates
Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle - Unvaulted
The Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle has finally come out of the vault with the release of the new update. This was done to provide another medium/long-range weapon in the game.Check Out the Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
Combat Shotgun Lowered Availability
The Combat Shotgun will appear less often with the update. Its spawn rate for floor loot and chest loot has been reduced from 2.015% to 1.409% and 2.183% to 1.846% respectively.Check Out the Combat Shotgun Here
Shadow Bombs Spawn and Drop Changes
The Shadow Bomb also received changes to how much it spawns. Floor loot chance and chest loot change were lowered from .835% to .677% and 4.65% to 3.98%. It will only drop in 2s now as well instead of 3s.Check Out the Shadow Bomb Here
Miscellaneous Changes & Updates
- Fixed a regression in level streaming performance introduced in v9.0. This should significantly improve loading times for buildings, and reduce instances of players landing on low-LOD meshes.
- Reduced hitches shortly after landing, especially on lower-end hardware (e.g Switch)
- Improved enemy jump sounds.
- Reduced the time that it takes the enemy in-air audio loop to kick on, for better awareness of an enemy dropping in on you from above.
- Boosted the volume of nearby footsteps and landing sounds of enemies not in line of sight.
- Tighter spatialization of close-range pickaxe sounds from other players.
- Added clearer sound when an enemy confirms an edit on a building piece within ~2 tiles of your position.
- Removed glider audio tell for players traveling through a Slipstream.
- Your emote music is now prioritized over other players emotes in the front-end.
- Emote music is now full stereo when in the front-end.
- Added a new Headshot + Shield Break sound, for when the two events occur at the same time.
- Lowered the minimum velocity required to trigger a landing sound
- Walking up on the edge of a building piece plays correct material specific footstep audio.
- Enemy pickaxe sound now plays correctly from impact point and not from player using the pickaxe.
- The Boom Bow’s fire sound has been fixed to not cut off when switching weapons immediately after shooting.
- Firing weapons no longer lowers building sounds.
- Changed "Return To Lobby" to "Leave Match".
- Adjusted the “damage” color when taking shield damage back to an increased-contrast version of the original.
- The intent is increased readability of current shield value immediately after taking damage, but red was causing players to believe they were taking more damage than they were.
- Party Leaders who left their party’s current match could start a new match and take the entire party with them.
- We've noticed iOS patches have experienced delays appearing in the App Store recently. Apple has stated that any application can take up to 24 hours to appear in the App Store. If no update is available, be sure to check our social channels for more info.
- Removed the HUD when respawning.
- We’ve made improvements to the UI by adding an exit button to the following: Squad Formation in the lobby, Playground Match Options, Events screen
- Removed vibration toggle settings for devices that do not support vibration.
- Players ammo count now correctly displays in all languages.
- The Mini Map has been adjusted to fit correctly in large team LTM’s.
- Bluetooth headset sound quality has been improved.
- The interaction loading bar no longer progresses counter-clockwise.
- Start Game widget in Creative no longer overlaps with the inventory hot bar.
- Phase Mode Button now correctly displays in Creative.
- FPS counter not being fully displayed on curved screens.
- Emote audio now plays for the full duration on the Nintendo Switch.
- Scoped weapon fixes:
- ADS perspective could remain on-screen when switching weapons.
- Player's view could be inverted when aiming.