Learn everything new in Fortnite's v8.20 Content Update, including the release of new weapon - Boom Bow, return of the LTM: Sniper Shootout, various changes to the game, and more!
Table of Contents
v8.20 Content Update - Overview
Ready Your Bows For The v8.20 Content Update
|Release Date||April 2, 2019, 12NN UTC|
Aim, fire, and explode! Fortnite's v8.20 content update unveils the newest weapon for players to use: the Boom Bow! An explosive long-range weapon that ends in a bang!
Time Conversion Table:
|PT||Apr. 2, 2019, 5AM|
|AET||Apr. 2, 2019, 11PM|
|ET||Apr. 2, 2019, 8AM|
|CET||Apr. 2, 2019, 1PM|
Ready your bows!— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 1, 2019
The v8.20 Content Update arrives tomorrow, April 2 at 8AM ET(1200 UTC). No download or downtime required.
Blow Up The Competition With The Boom Bow
The Boom Bow is a long range weapon made with destruction in mind! Its arrows explode after a period of time when fired, and its explosive trait means that it deals damage a good amount of damage to structures!Check Out The Boom Bow Here!
Boom Bow Characteristics
- The tip of its arrow is armed with a shotgun shell that explodes upon impact
- Consumes shotgun shells
- The longer you draw the bow, the faster and harder the arrow will hit
- Taking a direct hit will inflict both projectile and explosive damage
- Does 15 basic damage and has a 2x headshot multiplier
- Explosions deal 100 damage
Returning LTM: Sniper Shootout
The LTM Sniper Shootout will make its return along with the v8.20 content update! Steady aim, and sheer focus are what's needed for this LTM since Sniper Rifles are the only types of weapons that spawn!Check Out The Sniper Shootout LTM Here!
- Sniper Rifles are the only weapons that can be found within this game mode
- Reduced the chances of spawning floor loot by 50%
- Reviving downed allies has been deactivated
Below are the miscellaneous changes implemented during the v8.20 content update.
Effects Of Peppers Increased
According to the content update patch notes, the Foraged Item "Peppers" will have its duration increased from 10 seconds to 20 seconds, and the movement speed bonus increased from 20% to 40%.Check Out Foraged Items Here!
Various Bug Fixes In The Arena
The Arena will also be getting some various bug fixes during the content update. Below is a list of the fixes implemented to the Arena
Arena Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that cause players to be unable to queue for Duos when the party leader was in a lower division
- Fixed an issue which caused players to not be promoted to the next division while playing in Duos with a player in a higher division
- Fixed an issue where players in Duos were charged Bus Fare based on the party leaders division, rather than their own
SOURCE: Epic Games Official Patch Notes