Learn everything new in Fortnite's v8.20 Patch Update, including the release of new Trap Item - Poison Dart Trap and the Floor is Lava LTM!
Table of Contents
v8.20 Patch Update - Overview
Poison and Fire Awaits in v8.20 Patch Update
|Release Date||March 27, 2019, 9AM UTC|
Get ready to feel the burn in the v8.20 Patch Update with the release of a new Floor is Lava LTM and the Poison Dart Trap! It also includes a number of changes and bug fixes as well.
Time Conversion Table
|PT||Mar. 27, 2019, 2AM|
|AET||Mar. 27, 2019, 8PM|
|ET||Mar. 27, 2019, 5AM|
|CET||Mar. 27, 2019, 10AM|
Inflict Major Damage with the New Poison Dart Trap
The Poison Dart Trap item riddles any enemy that makes the wrong move of getting into its range. Those hit will suffer from Poison damage that will whittle away at their health over time!Check Out The Poison Dart Trap Here!
Poison Bypasses Shields & Hits Health
Poison from the Poison Dart Trap completely bypasses the shield and directly damages the health. The poison will last for 7 seconds, doing 80 damage overall.
Watch Your Step in the New Floor is Lava LTM
Stay on high ground or risk getting burned by magma in the new Limited Time Mode - The Floor is Lava! This game mode will have players fighting against each other with the added dangers of a lava-filled map.Check Out the Floor is Lava LTM Here
Lava Fills the Map Throughout Matches
The Lava from the volcano has now spread across the map, creating a dangerous arena for players. It will start to rise at the start of the match and continue on until the whole island is overtaken.
Lava Inflicts Damage with Every Step
The Lava will not immediately kill you when you step on it, but it will inflict continuous damage. It will also cause you to bounce off of it!
Find New Foraged Items Around the Map
Bananas will provide 5 health immediately after being consumed. They can only be found in the Tropical Jungle.
Bring down Palm Trees in the Desert & Tropic Biome and get Coconuts for your trouble. The fruit will give 5 points of health in a period of time. If a player is on max health, it will add shields instead.
Head on over to the Desert Biome to find Peppers! These hot vegetables will give 5 health and increase player's movement speed by 20% for 10 seconds!
Weapon, Items, & Vehicle Changes
No More Collision Damage
Starting this update, the Baller will no longer damage players on collision. However, this does not change the bounce effect when landing on players.
Future Updates to the Baller
Included in the Patch Notes are planned changes to the Baller that will be applied in a future patch. This includes limiting the the parts of it that can block bullets to the metal parts of the vehicle.
Converted into a Hitscan Weapon
From being a projectile-based weapon, the Infantry Rifle has been converted to being a Hitscan one. It will now have the same bullet drop off elements of other Assault Rifles.
Base Damage Decreased
The Infantry Rifle also received a decrease to its base damage. From 45/42 damage per shot, it now stands at 42/40.
Epic and Legendary varieties of the Pump Shotgun will now follow the same equip time as their lower variety counterparts.Check Out the Pump Shotgun Here
Other Changes to Weapons & Items
- Adjusted the collision of the Pirate Cannon to ensure the driver's seat is always enterable without needing to nudge the cannon.
- Moved the seat prompt locations for easier entry into the cannon.
- Increased the radius of cannonballs and player land explosions from 200 units to 250 units.
- Reduced cannon impulse/knockback when firing a cannonball while driving or when launching a player. This is unchanged when coasting.
- The Buried Treasure directional indicator is now attached to the player and emanates from the area of the treasure map in order to improve visibility, especially while moving.
- The indicator will continue to pulse every 3 seconds while the item is equipped.
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Balloon Fixes
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Pirate Cannon Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage directly to The Baller vehicle instead of dealing damage to the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
- Improved file I/O performance on PS4, this reduces the occurrence of late streaming buildings.
- Improved file I/O performance when skydiving on all platforms by changing what data we prioritize loading first.
- Adjusted lighting in Battle Royale.
- Increased lighting contrast in areas with shadows.
- Increased vibrancy in colors.
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Changes to the ping graph for the net debug HUD.
- Red vertical lines added that indicate packets were reported lost that frame.
- There’s now a setting to control if pinging while ADS/Targeting places a danger marker.
- On the Battle Pass page, scrolling down on the mouse wheel moves the contents right and scrolling up on the mouse wheel moves the images left.
- Re-scaled audio volume settings to avoid clipping artifacts.
- What used to be the 0.5 setting is now mapped to 1 (maximum loudness)
- If your volume was previously above 0.5 you will need to adjust the volume on your television or whichever device you're playing on to achieve the same level of loudness.
- Footsteps from spectated players' teammates are now played at a reduced volume.