Learn everything new in Fortnite's v8.10 Patch Update, including its release date, downtime, and the launch of the the new vehicle - the Baller!
Table of Contents
v8.10 Patch Update - Overview
Introducing the Newest Vehicle in Fortnite
|Release Date||March 12, 2019, 9AM UTC|
Mobility just became more fun as v8.10 brings with it a new vehicle that will have players rolling their way all over the island!
Time Conversion Table
|PT||Mar. 12, 2019, 2AM|
|AET||Mar. 12, 2019, 8PM|
|ET||Mar. 12, 2019, 5AM|
|CET||Mar. 12, 2019, 10AM|
Official Tweet On The Patch Update
The v8.10 update rolls out tomorrow, March 12!— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) March 11, 2019
Downtime begins at 5 AM ET (0900 UTC).
New Vehicle: The Baller
Fortnite Season 8 will have you rolling over the competition with the latest vehicle in the game - the Baller! Equipped with a grappler that can fling you to far-off locations, the Baller is an exciting way to travel across the Battle Royale island!Check Out Baller Tips & Locations Here!
Check Expedition Outposts & Pirate Camps
The Baller will spawn near Expedition Outposts and Pirate Camps. It's the latest vehicle in Fortnite and can only fit one passenger!
- Single Seater
- No Fall Damage
- Great for moving thanks to its glappler and boost functions
- Player is secured as long as he is inside
Vending Machine Update
Vending Machines Give 1 Free Item Then Disappear
With the new v8.10 update, the vending machine function has been updated. Instead of taking resources as payment, they will instead drop one free item or weapon before disappearing from the map.Check Out Vending Machines Guide Here!
The Getaway LTM Returns
Pull Off Heists with Friends in Getaway LTM
For the first time since its initial release, the Getaway LTM will be back for an unspecific amount of time. The unique LTM will have players working in a squad to steal Llama jewels before the other teams!Check Out the Getaway LTM Guide Here
Rarity Updates For Infantry Rifle & Heavy Assault Rifle
Infantry Rifles will no longer have Common Rarity while Heavy Assault Rifles will now have Common/Uncommon/Rare tiers instead Rare/Epic/Legendary.Check Out Assault Rifle List Here!
Heavy Assault Rifle Base Damage Is Scaled
With the new rarity tiers for the Heavy Assault Rifle, the weapon's base damage has been adjusted to Common/Uncommon/Rare 36/38/40.
Check Out Infantry Rifle & Heavy Assault Rifle
Reduced Stack For Clingers
Clingers can now only stack up to 6 instead of 10, reducing the maximum amount of Clingers you can carry in-game.Check Out Clinger Guide Here!
Fixed Pools In Crossplay Matchmaking
Players who opt-in to cross-play will have revised pools in matchmaking. Players in Xbox One and PS4 will be matched together while Nintendo Switch & Mobile players will now be matched together.Check Out Cross-Play Guide Here!
Infinite Dab Duration Increased
The Infinite Dab emote duration has been increased from 12 hours to 13, making it longer for an hour for dab fans.Check Out All Dance & Emote List Here!
Custom Consume Animations Added
Custom animations have been added to the actions listed below.
List Of Items
- Small Shield Potion
- Shield Potion
- Slurp Juice
- Chug Jug
Creative Mode Updates
New Islands & Theme
In the v8.10 update, Creative Mode will have 2 new exotic island locations (Sandbar Island & Volcano Island) plus a new Wooden Lodge theme!
New Game Options
New game rule options will give creators a lot more freedom in customizing team settings and their choice of PvP games.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed rocket smoke trails disappearing instantly on explosion.
- Fixed an issue where the popping audio for Balloons would continue to play after using Balloons to get to max build height while using a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure would not auto pickup when the Auto Pickup Weapons setting was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure chests could be placed on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue where using an Impulse Grenade or a Shockwave Grenade while jumping on a Hoverboard causes the player to rapidly rotate.
- Fixed Pirate Cannon collision that would block bullets for a passenger inside of the cannon
- Fixed Pirate Cannon not being able to shoot when moving backwards
- Fixed an issue where a player may lose functionality when shooting themselves out of a Pirate Cannon.
- Fixed Pirate Cannon player impact explosion effects sometimes being delayed
- Fixed an issue where Pirate Cannons flipped onto their side, sliding across the ground for too long
- Fixed Pirate Cannons dealing damage to itself if fired in close quarters
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t break through structures when fired from Pirate Cannons at close range
- Traps are no longer triggered by vehicles that are empty or carrying only friendly players.
- Fixed an issue in extreme camera flicking situations that would cause an incorrect first shot when firing weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the Conga emote not respecting environmental surfaces like Lava
- Fixed an issue where a player may briefly stop their skydiving animation unexpectedly
- Fixed an issue allowing emote-cancelling during door open/close animations.
- Fixed players holding Buried Treasure map upside down
- Fixed an issue where pressing Build and Edit buttons in quick succession would enter edit mode on the blueprint piece instead of build the structure.
- Driftboards no longer explode when exiting one near a Mounted Turret.
- Fixed PS4 players being unable to adjust mouse sensitivity.
- Added new audio for Balloons while in-air.
- Reduced volume of small prop destruction sounds (chairs, beds, fences, etc).
- Removed reverb from pickaxe swings.
- Removed outdoor ambient sounds when gliding.
- The Glider deploy sound no longer plays twice when using Glider Redeploy.
- Fixed Glider land/open sounds ducking the Victory Royale music.
- Improved music volume when previewing Gliders with music while in the lobby.
- Pirate Cannon movement sound no longer stops after sprinting for over 10 seconds.
- Fixed looping Balloon pop sound after going through a Rift.
- The Luxe bundle is now displayed in the Challenge Screen along with the Blackheart and Hybrid bundles.
- Wraps are now previewed on the highest resolution version of the vehicle or weapon in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue on consoles where you couldn’t select “Party Assist” for the last challenge in a bundle.
- Fixed an issue where the next Stage of a Challenge was not automatically set to “Party Assist”.
- Fixed an issue where the animation and sound effects would play twice when selecting Challenges on a controller.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling with the mouse in the Challenge Screen would sometimes jump around unexpectedly.