Find out everything to know about Fornite's v9.40 Patch Update, including Patch Notes, release date, official tweet, and more!
Table of Contents
v9.40 Patch Update - Patch Notes Overview
Introducing a New Variant to a Classic Weapon
|Release||July 17, 8AM UTC|
The first update after Epic Game's break, there's a lot to expect from the v9.40 Patch Update. There are returning weapons from the vault and the introduction of the new variants for the Tactical Shotgun!
Time Conversion Table
|PT||July 17, 2019, 1AM|
|CEST||July 17, 2019, 10AM|
|ET||July 17, 2019, 4AM|
|AET||July 17, 2019, 6PM|
New Rarities For Tactical Shotgun - v9.40 Patch Update
Bring on more fire power with the new Legendary and Epic variants of the Tactical Shotgun. With a whooping 2.25 damage headshot multiplier and 83-87 damage per shot, it's a powerful weapon to hold.Check Out Tactical Shotgun Here!
Learn The Differences Of 4 Shotguns
With 4 types of shotguns by this updates, it's important to learn the strengths and weaknesses of each one. To be a king of close quarter combat, you'll need to know the differences between each of them!Check Out Shotgun List Here!
Weapon Changes - v9.40 Patch Update
Unvaulted: Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
After a brief time inside the vault, the Bolt Action Sniper Rifle makes its return to the island! Its Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants will now appear across the loot pool of all game modes.Check Out the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle Stats Here
Vaulted: Suppressed Sniper Rifle
In exchange for the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle's return, the Suppressed Sniper Rifle has been vaulted. Both its Epic and Legendary variants have been removed.Check Out the Suppressed Sniper Rifle Stats Here
Multiple Stat Changes to Combat Shotgun
The Combat Shotgun received another batch of stat changes in this update, this time regarding its range, damage fall off, and headshot multiplier.Check Out the Combat Shotgun Here
Combat Shotgun Changes
|Damage Falloff||2.44 tiles (Unchanged)|
4.88 tiles to 4.39 tiles
9.77 tiles to 6.84 tiles
19.53 tiles to 11.72 tiles
|Headshot Multiplier||From 1.7 to 1.5|
Reduced Zoom for Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
The zoom for the Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle has been reduced. According to the patch notes, this was done as a Quality of Life change to improve the usability of the weapon.Check Out the Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle Here
Miscellaneous Fixes & Changes - v9.40 Patch Update
- Drum Shotgun now has the correct environmental damage falloff.
- Fixed a bug in which a Launch Pad couldn’t be destroyed by a pickaxe.
- Picking up an item that fills a stack and creates an overflow will no longer result in the currently equipped item being dropped.
- Players will now automatically pick up a consumable if it is already in their inventory and not maxed out.
- A new Glider and Harvesting Tool have been added for Save the World Founder's Pack owners.
- Fixed an issue involving Supply Drone Boxes not being visible after players shoot down the Supply Drone.
- Supply Drones no longer remain stationary after getting stuck for too long.
- Changed Invert “Aircraft Keyboard Controls” to “Invert Airborne Keyboard Controls” in the Options menu to reflect the fact that airborne land vehicles’ controls become inverted in the air.
- Fixed some edge cases involving damage number display rounding down for some shotgun hits.
- Blueprint doors now consistently render when players are building.
- Players can now pick up items more easily when standing on top of them.
- Foot controllers now properly allow players to rotate the next and previous weapon.
- Bushes no longer block players from being healed by a Chug Splash.
- If a player using a Shadow Bomb enters a vehicle, the Shadow Bomb effect will no longer remain active after the effect should have ended.
- The Chug Splash now properly auto-sorts to the rightmost inventory slot when picked up, like other consumables.
- Fixed an issue in which players would experience abnormally slow gliding after using a Rift-to-Go.
- Consumables associated with a bar (Shield Potion, Med Kit, etc.) are now consistently usable by players riding a Zipline.
- Fixed a rare issue involving Shadow Bombs not allowing for wall jumps at certain angles.
- Players can no longer wall jump off of the corn fields while using a Shadow Bomb.
- Players can no longer wall jump off of Slipstreams while using a Shadow Bomb.
- Fixed an issue in which the rings for Fortbytes 4, 67, 70, and 89 would not appear even though the player was wearing the correct cosmetic.
- To prevent players from exploiting the Deep Dab emote, it now has a delay before players are able to shoot after starting it.
- Fixed an issue in which damage done to shields was causing the VFX to appear larger than normal, blocking players’ vision.
- Foot Controller support improvements
- Improved server performance of Zipline.
- Improved client performance of Chug Jug.
- Optimized the way pickaxes are spawned to reduce the chance of loading issues during the initial skydive landing.
- Improved enemy footstep volume consistency, and changed volume falloff to logarithmic to make the sound diminish more naturally.
- Decreased volume of a few sounds: Chug Splash explosion, Proximity Launcher explosion, Ambient hum of the Slipstream platforms.
- Added a wall impact audio layer for close quarters combat as an additional warning that an enemy is shooting a structure you’re on the opposite side of.
- Wood/stone/metal bullet impacts are no longer silent on Mobile/Switch.
- Revolver equip sound is no longer silent on Mobile/Switch.
- Escape Menu & Social Panel updates
- The input action that would bring up either the Escape Menu or Social Panel will now bring up both of them in the lobby and while in a match.
- A third tab has been added to the Social Panel. It contains all voice chat-related functionalities.
- The Escape Menu and Top Bar received a visual update.
- Added new Edit From Touch setting to enable/disable editing from touches (defaulted to enabled).
- Bluetooth microphones have been enabled to support voice chat.
- The emote wheel buttons are now bigger.
- Air Strike shots no longer create large polygonal outlines.
- Fixed an issue involving Pump and Combat Shotguns not correctly firing while Auto-Fire is selected.
- Resolved voice chat issues when joining another player’s party.
- The chest located in the Neo Tilted hotel is now openable.
- Live spectating on mobile will display the spectator's UI.
- Players no longer remain logged into their account when they close the game.
- Wallet in the Lifetime Refund Screen will now correctly display.
- Leaving the “Show Help” open in the Warm Up stage won’t cause the Button to remain present during the match.
- The "Tournament Region" text in the Compete tab is bigger.
- Map Marker HUD Layout won’t be displayed when in the Battle Bus.
- Emote HUD Layout will be displayed only in vehicles where it is possible to emote.
- Players will be able to rotate cosmetics when using a touchpad.
- The proper SFX will be played when equipping the Revolver.
- Graphical improvement on the Wonder outfit while playing the Llama Bell emote.
- Storm Eye Glider and Storm Bolt Harvesting Tool will display proper VFX.
- Graphical improvement of the Flutter outfit.
- Graphical improvement on the String Lights contrail.
- Lantern contrail will display properly in-game.