Find out everything to know about Fornite's v9.20 Patch Update, including patch notes, release date, official tweet, and more! It also marks the release of the new Storm Flip weapon!!
Table of Contents
v9.20 Patch Update - Patch Notes Overview
Control the Storm in v9.20 Patch Update
|Release||June 6, 2019, 8AM UTC|
The power of the storm is in your hands! The v9.20 Patch Update includes the release of a new throwable weapon along with various weapon and vehicle changes & fixes!
Time Conversion Table
|PT||June 6, 2019, 1AM|
|EST||June 6, 2019, 4AM|
|CEST||June 6, 2019, 10AM|
|AET||June 6, 2019, 6PM|
Official v9.20 Patch Update Announcement
Harness the Storm— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) June 5, 2019
The v9.20 update releases tomorrow, June 6. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET (0800UTC).
Real Money Purchases Disabled Before Update
An hour before the update, real money purchases will be disabled to allow for additional maintenance. Players won't be be able to buy V-Bucks & Starter Packs during this period.
Official Tweet on Disabling Purchases
Real money purchases will be unavailable 1 hour before downtime begins while we perform additional maintenance.— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) June 5, 2019
Throw a Storm Flip, Control the Storm
The Storm Flip is a new throwable weapon that can unleash a small storm where it is thrown in a safe zone or tame the storm when it is thrown outside of a safe zone.Check Out the Storm Flip Weapon Here
Weapon & Item Changes
Vaulted: Hunting Rifle
The Hunting Rifle has been removed from the loot pool across all game modes. This was due to the Hunting Rifle being outclassed recently by other weapons in its range.Check Out the Hunting Rifle Here
Boom Bow Charge Time Raised
The time needed to charge a shot of a Boom Bow has been increased from 1s to 1.25s. This was done to reduce the frequency between shots.Check Out the Boom Bow Weapon Here
Lower Overheating Time for Mounted Turret
The Mounted Turret can now be used for longer before it overheats. It will now take the Mounted Turret 20% more time before overheating when in use.Check Out the Mounted Turret Weapon Here
Loot Carriers Will Spawn Less Explosive Weapons, Snipers
Players will be seeing less Sniper Rifles and Explosive Weapons when shooting down Loot Carriers. Spawn rate of Sniper and Explosive Loot Carriers were decreased from 12.5% to 8.45% & 12.5% to 7.04% respectively.Check Out Hot Spots & Loot Carriers Here
Miscellaneous Changes & Fixes
Weapons & Items
- The Slipstream’s audio, pink ring, and spinning blades turn off when disabled during the fifth phase of the Storm.
- Players revived from a Reboot Van will lose invulnerability upon shooting or building.
- Air Vents are now more forgiving in order to prevent fall damage when players jump on them from high places.
- Fixed an issue in which weapons that previously had no ammo would be unable to be automatically reloaded.
- Fixed an issue where players would take fall damage after exiting a Baller quickly rolling downhill.
- Aim assist can no longer be used to fire at players using a Shadow Bomb.
- Fixed an issue where players could damage teammates who were disconnected from the match.
- Fixed an issue where the Flying Disc Toy would get caught on Ballers in mid-air.
- Fixed an issue where Slipstream audio and visual FX would continue to occur after the player exits.
- Fixed an issue where Air Vents’ sound and visual effects occurred more than once.
- Fixed an issue in which Driftboards were unable to exit Slipstreams.
- Exiting a vehicle that had entered a Slipstream no longer causes players to skydive.
- Vending Machines no longer become unusable when a player using one gets eliminated.
- The Flint-Knock Pistol is now consistently able to knock targets and the shooter the correct distance.
- Dynamite audio no longer gets stuck on a loop during replays.
- The lava bounce visual effect no longer persists if a Baller bounces from lava to water.
- Auto Swap Material option was removed and is always on.
- Removing the option allowed us to optimize Auto-Swap behavior, primarily reducing rare cases in which materials did not swap properly.
- Increased duration for how long elimination credit can be granted to the last damager.
- Fall damage from 15s to 60s
- Self-elimination from 15s to 60s
- Storm elimination from 5s to 60s
- Added support for foot controller devices to the Accessibility options.
- Adjusted Invert Aircraft Controls setting info to better describe the option.
- Gamepad custom build controls now consistently allow players to turbo build when using the ‘Place’ action while simultaneously having the ‘Stair,’ ‘Wall,’ ‘Roof,’ or ‘Floor’ action bound.
- Players outside closed enemy structures can no longer build inside them.
- Fixed an issue in which the destruction of a building could be interrupted by reconnecting it to its base.
- Fixed an issue in which players would hang in the air if they disconnected during the bus drop phase.
- Certain Fortbytes requiring a specific cosmetic item now correctly unlock for players who have it equipped.
- Updated reload sounds for weapons to be mono instead of stereo. This will help with spatialization improvements for weapon swap sounds.
- The storm damage sound effect no longer ends prematurely.
- Introducing Quick Heal
- Added an “X” (Exit) button to close several screens where the “Close” button was too small.
- Players will now get an error message if they try to update the game but have insufficient storage space.
- Fixed an issue where outfits wouldn't be displayed properly after logging out and back in.
- Aim assist and Auto fire can no longer be used to fire at players using a Shadow Bomb
- Fixed an issue for Android players encountering an error when trying to watch live matches.
- Fixed an issue with doors and ziplines being interactable from long distances.
- Centered Events and Challenges screens on devices with a 4:3 display.
- Fixed an issue with the Combat/Build Mode button bringing players back into combat mode mid-animation.
- Fixed an issue where the names of an eliminated team remained under the spectated player.
- Controller blueprint appears correctly when viewed with devices with a wider screen.
- Banner Icons- Updated from 256x256 to 512x512
- Console players can now access language options through the Settings menu.
- Players can now choose a setting on the “Account” tab to opt out of player surveys.
- Updated main menu lobby to be the same as the Battle Royale lobby.
- Fixed videos not looping on PS4.
- The question mark icon in the Settings menu now fully fills in the box.
- We’ve added the ability to Undo a new purchase to the Fortnite Store!
- Players in your squad now have a stronger visual highlight when actively speaking.
- We no longer display Active Voice Indicators in-game for players that are in your squad.