Learn everything new in Fortnite's v8.40 Patch Update, including the return of the X-4 Stormwing and release of new Infantry Rifle variants and the Air Royale LTM!
Table of Contents
v8.40 Patch Update - Overview
Set Your Mark and Fly High in v8.40 Patch Update
|Release Date||April 17, 2019, 9AM UTC|
The v8.40 Patch Update is jam packed with new content, including 2 new Limited Time Modes and higher Infantry Rifle variants. This also marks the return of the X-4 Stormwing!
Time Conversion Table
|PT||April 17, 2019, 2AM|
|AET||April 17, 2019, 8PM|
|ET||April 17, 2019, 5AM|
|CET||April 17, 2019, 10AM|
Official Patch Update Announcement
Hit your mark!— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 16, 2019
Downtime for the v8.40 update starts tomorrow, April 17 at 5AM ET(0900 UTC).
Take Down Enemies with New Infantry Rifle Variants
Starting this update, players will be able to get their hands on higher variants of the Infantry Rifle! Legendary and Epic versions of the weapon will be added to loot pool!Check Out Infantry Rifle Weapon Stats
Powerful and Precise
The Legendary and Epic Infantry Rifles will have the same accuracy of its lower-tier counterparts, but with the added bonus of being more powerful. Shoot down enemies with precision and power!
Fly to the Skies, Survive the Lava in New LTMs
Battle for Air Superiority in Air Royale LTM
The battle takes to the skies in the new Air Royale LTM! Show off your flying skills and outplay your enemies to be the last plane standing in this highly mobile game mode.Check Out Air Royale LTM Challenges!
Return of the X-4 Stormwing
The X-4 Stormwing has come out of the vault with a grand return in the Air Royale LTM. It's the centerpiece of the LTM and is only available in this game mode.Check Out the X-4 Stormwing Guide
Take Down Enemy Planes to Win
Each plane has three lives that depletes whenever it is destroyed. As long as the plane still has health, its owners will respawn. When all 3 lives of the team's plane is gone, this will eliminate the team.
Survive the Lava & Rivals in Food Fight - Deep Friend LTM
Two teams of 50 will fight it out to see which restaurant will come out on top! Protect your restaurant mascot from enemies and the steadily rising lava around you!Check Out Food Fight - Deep Fried LTM
Destroy Enemy Mascot & Take Out Rivals
As soon as a team's mascot is destroyed, they will lose their ability to respawn when eliminated. Take out the rival's restaurant mascot and the remaining opponents to win in this game mode!
Build to Survive Against the Rising Lava
Steadily rising lava will pose as much threat to your team as your rivals. Build to create a safe surface to move on. Just make sure it's sturdy enough or you might find yourself falling straight into hot lava.
Miscellaneous Updates & Changes
- Egg Launcher reskin for the Grenade Launcher is back for a limited time
- Increased the size and intensity of the Boom Bow explosion effects to better represent the damage radius.
- Dogs and other pets can bot be petted in game
- Friend XP Bonus boost
- Fixed an issue with Traps being be placed inside walls, making them difficult to see.
- Fixed an issue with Traps being placed inconsistently when auto-placed.
- Resolved a performance regression occurring on PCs with less than quad-core CPUs.
- Mimic! When bringing up your emote wheel there’s now an option that appears if you’re looking at another player doing an emote you own, to allow you to play the same emote.
- There’s now a HUD UI option to hide the vehicle control hints.
- Updated the Baller controls on default and custom HUDs.
- Baller controls are available to be adjusted in the HUD Layout Tool for custom HUD players.
- Audiovisual shot indicators will no longer display for players in the same vehicle.