Learn more about the new CoD: BO4 update coming this March 12! Find out about the upcoming event called Shamrock and Awe, a new Stockpile Multiplayer mode, the Blackout Spring Map update and the new Hardcore mode, Hellcatraz Gauntlet for Zombies & more!
Check Out Latest Updates Here
|Previous Update||Next Update|
Table of Contents
Shamrock & Awe Event
Shamrock & Awe Event Overview
As with previous Call of Duty titles, Shamrock & Awe is an in-game celebration of St. Patrick's Day, which will feature Irish themed cosmetic items, and emotes.
Claim Your Free Gesture & Calling Card At The Black Market
Players can visit the Black Market to collect their free St. Patrick's Day Gesture & Calling Card.Check Out The Black Market Here!
This week in #BlackOps4:— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) March 11, 2019
• Shamrock & Awe Event (PS4)
• MP: Stockpile (PS4) + Contraband Hurricane
• Blackout: Spring Map Update + Hardcore (PS4)
• Zombies: Hellcatraz Gauntlet (PS4) + Host Migration
• League Play improvements
+ much more
Patch notes incoming tomorrow! pic.twitter.com/Ud8As63oxx
Update Arrives First On PS4
As with major event updates for Black Ops 4, updates will be released first on the PS4. Other platforms will receive the update a week later.
Update Release Information
The update will be available for players worldwide on March 12, 2019, at 10AM PT. Below is a time conversion table to check out the start times in other time zones.
Time Conversion Table
|AET||Mar 13, 2019, 5AM|
|PT||Mar 12, 2019, 10AM|
|ET||Mar 12, 2019, 1PM|
|CET||Mar 12, 2019, 7PM|
Improvements & Issue Fixes
The new update also fixes issues in the game, and introduced gameplay improvements. For example, players can now choose a Class when joining a multiplayer match in progress. You can check out the official patch notes here.
New Stockpile Mode
Stockpile mode is a re-imagining of Black Ops 3's Fracture mode. In this mode, you need to deliver enemy tags to the deposit site to win the game!Check Out Multiplayer Tips & Guides Here
St. Patrick's Stockpile Variant
A variant of Stockpile, carry enemy shamrocks to nearest pot of gold to score points for your team.
A variation of the map Contraband, where a tropical storm has hit the island.
World League Hub Updates
World League Improvements
World League has also been improved to address quitters and to make it feel more rewarding for players.
- Match quit penalty added to League Play
- Daily Bonus points now roll over day-to-day and reduced to 100
- 12 Custom Classes now available to all players
- New 4-Gem reward added for Top 5 placements
- New 5-Gem reward added for 1st Place
Mentioned also in the tweet is that there will be improvements made to League Play.Check Out How To Rank Up In World League Mode Here!
Spring Map Update
As with the turn of the season, the Blackout map will refresh its look and will reflect a spring-themed environment.
A long time staple mode for Multiplayer, Hardcore mode will soon arrive for Blackout! Play Blackout with no HUD, armor, vehicles and zombies! Use your best Blackout strategies to emerge victorious!
Hardcore Mode Features
- Quads version of Blackout with No HUD, armor, vehicles and zombies
- No mini-map, player information, team information, compass, player count, or killfeed.
- Quick Equip Menu disabled.
- Med Kits are the only available healing items (no Trauma Kits or Bandages).
- A fleet of helicopters drops flares overhead to inform players of each new circle location.
Contraband Stashes now allow access to the Rampage shotgun, Switchblade X9 SMG, and KAP 45.
Muscle Car & SUV
These vehicles are now available in Solos, Duos, and Quads without their special abilities found in Hot Pursuit.
Shamrock & Awe
A St. Patrick's Day themed map is implemented, plus additional loot will be available in Pot-o-Gold Stashes, Homunculus Leprechauns hoards, and in Mystery Boxes at the end of the rainbow.Check Out Blackout Battle Royale Tips & Guides
- Operator Weapons and Purifier added
- Weapon Inspect feature added
- Gestures and Callouts added to Victory screen
- LTM stat filter added to Barracks
Hellcatraz Gauntlet Launches on March 12
In Hellcatraz Gauntlet, fight through 30 rounds of challenges as the Primis crew on Blood of the Dead in "Hellcatraz".
Green Eyed Zombies
As part of the Shamrock & Awe Event, Green Eyed zombies and a new seasonal Easter Egg now live in Classic Chaos story maps.
- Host Migration added
- Prestige Master fixes added
- Stability and gameplay improvements