Read this Temtem guide on the 3 starters: Crystle, Houchic, and Smazee! Includes info on the best starter, final evolutions, types, stats, & more!!!
What Are The 3 Starters?
Crystle, Smazee & Houchic
At the beginning of the game, you will be given a choice between 3 starters: the Crystal type Crystle, the Melee type Smazee, & the Mental type Houchic. This choice cannot be undone, so choose wisely!
Which Starter Temtem Did You Choose?
Best Starter Temtem For Story Progress
Recommended Starter Temtem
Pros and Cons
- Great Speed and Special Attack
- Mental types are very rare early on
- Will struggle against some Electric type attacks early on
- Difficult to make use of Trait "Mental Alliance" early on in game
- Defensively strong with good attack.
- Crystal types are rare early on
- Useful against Barnshe early on
- Low speed
- Will have a hard time vs. the Fire Dojo
- Doesn't have very good move coverage
- Fever Rush trait is strong
- Good early move coverage (Neutral, Melee, Earth)
- Good offensive stats
- Low defenses
- There are other Melee types early game like Saipat and Skunch
Build A Team Around Your Starter
In Temtem, it is especially important to have a balanced team that can get super-effective moves off against many opponents. As such, you'll need to build a team around your starter! Try not to double up on the same type Temtem unless absolutely necessary!Check Out The Best Team For Early Game Here!
Be Aware Of Your Starter's Weaknesses
In a new game where you might not be familiar with all the type matchups it's important to keep in mind what your starter's weaknesses are.
The New Trinity
As you may have expected, the three types you can choose from are all strong against each other in a Rock-Paper-Scissors style. Crystal > Mental > Melee > Crystal!